Our Lady of Grace runs a number of specific programs and activities which are designed to enhance the children’s education and allow them to live ‘Life to the Full’ in alignment with our Vision for Learning. In addition to our strong academic program, the extra curricular program adds experience and a valuable dimension to the student’s education outside the classroom.
The families of Our Lady of Grace are fortunate in that our school is surrounded by community-based sporting teams and clubs, from surf lifesaving through to football and much more. During summer and winter, we have a school Netball club and Basketball club respectively.
In addition, we are active in the metropolitan interschool competitions that involve Swimming, Winter Sports and Cross Country.
Children also have the opportunity to join the school chess club. Members come together during lunchtimes and are coached by staff and parents. The top players are involved in interschool chess tournaments.
Those who are interested may join in one of two school choirs, which perform in the Catholic Schools Performing Arts Festival and the West Coast Choral Festival, as well as at school masses and special events.
Also on offer to students are:
- Remedial and Extension Programs
- Instrumental music tuition including piano, violin, drums, flute, clarinet, guitar and more.
- Junior and Senior Choirs
- Leadership Retreat. Year Six students are involved in preparation for the establishment of the Student Ministries
- Tournament of Minds Teams, an Australasian lateral thinking competition
- Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden
- Lego club
- Robotics Club