Parent Groups and Volunteering
OLG has an active school community comprised of parents and grandparents who fill many roles in the daily life of the school. Some of these opportunities are:
- All Early Childhood classes seek parental involvement through class rosters. These rosters are on display near the classroom door. Simply add your name.
- Our excellent Canteen relies heavily on volunteers to support our paid Canteen Manager. Volunteers are needed each day of the week.
- The school library, The Hive, enjoys great support through parents who assist with book covering and shelving. The children’s Scholastic Book Club is largely administered by parents.
- Learning Assistance Program (LAP) pairs children needing a boost to their self-esteem and confidence with an adult mentor. These are usually parents or grandparents of other students at the school.
- Our Chess Club members meet at lunchtime on Tuesdays in the library.
- Our Year Four classes have responsibility for our Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden. Volunteers are needed to support and guide the students in the practical aspects of gardening.
- Our Reach Out Program provides meals for families within our school community in need. This program is run on a term basis.
- The Our Lady of Grace Netball and Basketball Clubs
- The Parents’ and Friends’ association, a vital part of school life, builds school community and raises funds for school programs. Meetings are relaxed and productive and all parents and friends are most welcome.
If you are interested in being involved, please complete and return the form below.